Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Much Better Day

I don't know what the difference is, but Jaden was so much happier and more mellow today. Thank heavens! It has been hard because the things that we used to soothe him when he was on the ventilator don't seem to work as well now that he is on the CPAP, so we have had to find out new ways to calm him down. Here is what we have found works:
  • A warm blanket wrapped around his head
  • a squirt of warm milk into his mouth and then pop in the pacifier
  • a squirt of sugar water into his mouth and then pop in the pacifier
  • light pats on his body
  • lightly scratching/rubbing his head

Note - the pacifier tricks will only work if he isn't screaming his head off because then he won't take the pacifier, but if you can get him to calm down a little bit, then squirt the milk in and put in the pacifier, it works like a charm and you'll have him sleeping in no time.

I have found it is impossible to take a cute picture of a CPAP baby. But you can be sure that I tried really hard! And here are my best efforts:

My little boy is so reverent!
Look how much hair he has and look how LONG it is!!!!


He foams at the mouth a lot, especially on the CPAP.

I love pictures where it looks like a giant is attacking him!


We love our little angel!!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Mari, I love your updates of cute little Jaden. It is nice to know how he is doing. I'm glad he had a better day. Some times they just have a bad crying day!
Love you,
Lisa

Mandy said...

We love him too! He's growing! Yay!