Friday, March 25, 2011

Eight Weeks Old! Can You Believe It!?!

We'll cover the good and bad news first, then pictures later.

The Good News:

*Jaden is doing so well on the high flow! He is down to 3 liters per minute and they might try weaning him down more tomorrow or the next day! I am so excited about this!
*He had his third eye exam, and the doctor said that he is doing so well and his eyes looked so clear that he doesn't need to have any more follow up eye exams for the time being!
*They stopped his daily caffeine jolt. He was getting caffeine into his stomach twice a day. It is a respiratory stimulant to help his brain remember to breath, but it's been such a long time since his last apnea, that they just took him off of it.
*He is able to self soothe enough now that they are no longer giving him any medication (like Versed or Ativan) to help him.
*They took out one of his tubes going into his stomach so that he now only has one tube and he is doing really well on his feedings! And the OJ tube going into his intestines is gone, so now he gets my milk right into his belly.

The Bad News:

*I bet some of you were so worried about the bad news that you skimmed right over the good news. Well, there isn't a single shred of bad news, so you can go back and read through all of the good news for him! :)

I love this kid so much it's incredible! I think he is darling and hilarious and stubborn and perfect!


And to document my mad burrito wrapping skills:I think I should put that skill on my resume. I could seriously get a job at Taco Bell or something.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

He's so adorable! I'm so glad he's doing so well!

Lisa said...

I love the pictures of you holding him. I can really tell how big he is getting. I can't believe how far he has come and how much he looks like Jake.