Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Tiny Valentine

With Jake being gone, I had a great little backup for my Valentine this year! And don't worry - Jake was okay with being replaced this one time.
This is one of the few pictures we have of him with absolutely nothing on his face - no tape, no wires, no monitors. If he looks a little upset, that's because he had just had his breathing tube and feeding tube unexpectedly pulled out. That is also why there is leftover tape residue on his face. After I gave him his bath and changed his diaper, they decided to turn him over and give him some "tummy time" but when they flipped him something went wrong with his ventilator tube, so they had to pull it out and switch it with a new one. He didn't like it one bit:
And they had to hand bag him for a little while, which was pretty scary.
But when it was all said and done, they flipped him over on his belly,
wrapped him up in his swaddle that he loves so much,
and all was well in his world again.

He is now up to 1 pound 13 ounces! What a big little guy!

In other news, I am flying out tomorrow for Jake's graduation! It's a really short trip, because I can't be away from Jaden for too long, but I'm super excited to see Jake again.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

I can't get enough of that cute little guy! I LOVE those pictures!

TT, Buzz and Kids said...

So cute, and you are so brave. I am not sure I could leave even for a day even if my hubby was graduating. Good luck!

Missletoe said...

Oh My. I haven't checked in for a bit! Congratulations on Jaden's arrival! What a miracle! He is so blessed to have you guys!

Congrats to Jake as well!

Jared West said...

What a darling little valentine!! Mari, I LOVE your positiveness. Keep passing it on. You inspire me little lady!!! Miss my little toe-headed neighbor!