Friday, February 11, 2011

My Husby is a SAILOR!!!

I got 2 calls from him yesterday telling me that he passed Battle Stations 21 and he is now officially a SAILOR!!! I am SO proud of him! This means that he will officially graduate one week from today and that he can't be set back in training. Now they just kind of relax because all of the intense training is done. I am seriously just so proud of him for doing this really hard thing - hard for him, hard for me, and hard for Jaden. But we have already been blessed for his service, most obviously in the form of really great military insurance! So I will fly out in less than a week to see my love and I get to bring him his cell phone and laptop so we can have more contact. Originally we were going to move out there right away, but since Jaden couldn't wait to be born, that's not an option anymore. So there will just be more time apart, which stinks, but we will have more contact and ways to stay in touch, which is good.

Speaking of Jaden, today is his 2 week birthday!!! That's a pretty big milestone as far as I'm concerned. A lot of time they count by gestational age, so he is 29 weeks now. I'm so proud of him and his fighting spirit! As far as his health, he is doing slightly better. They had to put his ART line back in, so he has the big 'club' on his arm which looks super uncomfortable. He is still just doing a lot of waiting, relaxing, and gaining his strength. He is up to 7mL of milk every 3 hours! What a chunker! He definitely doesn't look as small as he used to. Whether that's because he's growing or because I'm getting more used to looking at him every day, I'm not sure. But I find him just adorable!

Here are some pictures of his ART line. It is a small tube that goes right into his artery so they can draw blood easily and it gives them an accurate blood pressure reading. However, they must keep his wrist straight while it is in, so they have to attach the "club" to his arm. Doesn't it look uncomfortable?

I changed some more diapers today. I'm starting to change them every day now. He left me a nice and colorful present in one of them! Warning: baby nudity to follow...

My mom also wanted to make sure that I got a picture of his hand in mine. I was super scared to do it because I didn't want to touch him without gloves because I didn't want to get him sick, but after a lot of convincing and a LOT of hand washing and antibacterial hand washes, here is the result:

Precious, isn't it. He is just so special! I love this little guy!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

We love him too!!

Kelly said...

Mari, I just saw these posts about little Jaden's birth. We will be including you all in our prayers.
Kelly Riedel

Jeni said...

Wow!! I love all the cool updates!! It's so great to be able to see how you guys are doing, yet we are so far away! I'm so glad Jake has passed! Good Job!! Little Jaden is SO cute and we love him so much too! It's precious to hear the kids pray for him in our family prayers! What a special little guy for our family! We love you!

Sarah said...

Precious! Congrats to your hubby!