Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Monsters vs Aliens - B+

This is a really fun movie! Kids and adults alike will enjoy this! And I definitely suggest you see it in 3D. It was the way it was meant to be seen, and it really added to a good movie. And if you don't like 3D movies, then you are out of luck, because there are like 7 movies coming out all in 3D, so it looks like it is the next "big thing".

Obviously this movie has a bare plot and was made just to pack jokes into it, but I was obviously okay with that because I kept giggling throughout the whole movie! It is absolutely appropriate for every age and isn't too scary. The brilliant colors and constant movements will capture any child's attention, and they make sure to put enough jokes in there to amuse the parents who go too.

Pretty much I only had two complaints with the movie - the sparse plot, which I understand because it's not supposed to be a deep movie, and the fact that the funniest character "Bob" isn't as funny as he could have been because most of his jokes were played over and over on every preview. So as funny as they were, I had heard most of them before and it definitely took away from the movie. I wish they had kept more of it under wraps so that I could have honestly laughed rather than just laughed at the memory of the first time I had heard it.

This is a movie you must definitely see!

No comments: