Sunday, April 12, 2009

Words Cannot Express How SHOCKED I Am!

Well, Hana got her mission call! Let me remind you that she went to school on the east coast, did an archaeological dig in Guatemala, went backpacking through Central America, did a semester abroad at Oxford University in England, and went backpacking through Europe. This is the girl who wants to sleep on dirt floors and doesn't mind showering once a week. So of course, she really wanted to go to the most exotic mission she could. Little did we know that she really would be sent to the most unique mission there is...

Yup - she is officially going to the Salt Lake Temple Square Mission!!! She is speaking English and reports to the MTC on August 5th! She did put on her papers that she is from Orem and that her family still lives in Orem, but I guess the Lord really wants her to go to Salt Lake! Now we just have to convince my mom to keep the rules.... Good luck! She is already talking about driving up to see her once a week and taking a tour from her or bringing her lunch or even moving up there and setting up binoculars so she can keep tabs on her. And you think she's kidding! This will be interesting to see how the dynamics of having her on a mission only 40 minutes from home.... Congrats Hana!
(I don't know who they are in the picture, but it's a pretty accurate representation of how she will look!)

2 comments:

Buffy Dayton said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That will be so hard to have her so close no? CRAZY! Where have you guys been? I feel like you have been gone, and you are REALLY going to be leaving soon! I hope we see you tonight at Grandma and Grandpa's house.

Jared West said...

That is so funny!! I can totally see your mom doing that. I can't wait to tell my family!