Thursday, April 2, 2009

Color Me Mine

Alex, Rob, My Mom and I had a good time at Color Me Mine a few weeks ago. It was our first time at Color Me Mine, and we certainly learned a lot! Robbie picked out a fish plate to paint and fell head-over-heals in love with this paint called The Naked Truth. I'm sure he liked it just because it had the word "naked" in it, but it was still entertaining none the less. I think he used half a bottle on his own and you can't even tell because the actual paint is practically transparent!
Alex picked out a cute mug and painted it in stripes and then blew paint bubbles inside the mug to give it a kind of texture. It didn't work out so well...
I made a cake plate because I've always wanted one. I used masking tape to make really clean lines, but the tape kept rolling and so I didn't get the exact lines I wanted, but I was still happy with the finished project nonetheless.
It may look pastel-ly, but it came out VERY orange and VERY yellow. It is perfect! It was a very fun day!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Very fun! Thanks for posting! Can't wait to see your plate with CAKE on it soon!

Lauren said...

I love it! I have wanted to go there for so long and that is a perfect thing to make. I can not wait to see you next week!