Saturday, February 21, 2009

Radioactive Again!

I took my next dose of radioactive iodine yesterday so once again I am in partial isolation! I feel quite normal (although that could be because I just took a small dose. The larger one comes in about a week.) but I'm still on my low-iodine diet until I take that larger pill. Considering that I am consciously making myself radioactive, it is surprising how normal the pill looks. However, the container it comes in is about 1 inch thick pure lead all of the way around! And then they roll this harmless looking pill into my bare, unprotected hand and I swallow it just like any other pain killer. Very odd. Enjoy the pictures!

I will have my body scan on Monday evening so I will post pictures of it when I get them. Now you can wait in suspense!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

AHHH, that is seriously the scariest thing I have ever heard. The container is insane, couldn't they have just hidden it in an aspirin bottle for you? You poor thing. I am anxious to know how it goes! Good luck

kandice liljenquist said...

Really, i mean really... that looks like it should be holding a bomb inside!