Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Low-Iodine Valentines Day? It Can Be Done!!

Since this whole radiation process has taken much longer than I thought, I was still on my low-iodine diet for Valentines Day. That meant that I couldn't eat out, but I still wanted to have a nice romantic dinner with Jake so I had to find something that was still yummy but low-iodine. I definitely succeeded!
I made my own balsamic vinaigrette dressing which I put on top of spinach leaves and then I made some honey mustard chicken and laid it on top of a bed of bow tie pasta. And of course we had Martinelli's Sparkling Cider! And for dessert I made a Hot Fudge Pudding Cake! And all of this meal was made without any diary, soy, eggs, butter, margarine, chocolate (I used cocoa powder which is okay), and only a pinch of salt (I couldn't find salt free mustard but I did find an organic brand which used very little salt)! I was very proud of myself! Now I will be the first to admit that the cake would have been DELICIOUS next to some vanilla ice cream, but even by itself it was really really yummy!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Mari I am so proud of you for not giving up on the romantic meal side of the holiday. You are wonder-woman. I'm sure it was very romantic.

kandice liljenquist said...

Holy Cow Mari!!! That is amazing. What a trooper you are!

Buffy Dayton said...

Nice work sista! I hope you are still feeling good, you know after the pills and what not. We are making dinner tomorrow and want to maybe bring some to you, but I didn't know if you can eat stuff now. I guess I will just call. But anyway, when you are all better I want you to make that meal for me okay! It looks awesome!