Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Goodbye Grandpa Tom!

Two weeks ago my Grandpa Tom Doggett passed away after a long and loving life. It was hard to let him go because he was such a good grandpa. He was always willing to do whatever we wanted and never complained when we wanted to use his precious tools. He helped to inspire our creativity and with him, the wood project possibilities were endless! He loved to take us to the beach and to the dump, which as dirty as it sounds, is actually quite an adventure. And he always had the best stories to tell us! They were always a mix of fact and fiction and we had fun trying to figure out how much trouble our dad actually got in!

He was always smiling, except when there was a bad call made during a Patriot's game! He was a hard-core fan! He also loved to say, "Good on ya!" so that people would think he was Australian when in fact he had never even been to Australia!

He served in the US Navy and at one point sank his commanding officer's boat! He also graduated MIT in 3 years while enrolled in an accelerated program for the military. When my grandma and dad joined the LDS church, my grandpa was wary at first but after the baptism he was always supportive of them going to church. He even paid for my dad's mission and wrote his throughout the entire mission. He also encouraged my dad to go to BYU and paid his tuition. And he was excited when my dad and mom decided to get married in the temple.
But above all else he did during his time on earth, he loved his wife! He spent his life serving her and even he said that was his greatest accomplishment. I'll miss you gramps!
*This is my sister Hana with my grandpa at Christmas a few years ago*



*This is me when I was just teenie. Wasn't I the cutest?!?!*

1 comment:

Buffy Dayton said...

yes, you were the cutest! Still just a blondy.