Monday, December 5, 2011

Solids!

For a long time Jaden wasn't gaining enough weight, even for his adjusted age.  They were charting him as if he were born in April like he was supposed to be, and he was in the 0 percentile.  Yup - that's a zero.  Our pediatrician (who I LOVE!) told me we were going to have to squeeze one more feeding in a day and I had no idea where to fit it in.  He also told me that one of our other options was to start him on solids, so that was what we decided to do.  Apparently Jaden thought he would try both!  Before this, he was sleeping a solid 12 hours at night (it was absolute heaven!) but then he started to wake up at around 3am for a feeding before going back to bed and then ultimately getting up around 7-8am.  Even though that schedule isn't too bad, I still missed my 12 hour nights! 

Jake and I decided to start with rice cereal and he did better than I thought.  We took some really cute pictures!
He didn't last for too long on the rice cereal and quickly let us know he was done.

Since then, we have tried him on peas, sweet potatoes, carrots, prunes, squash, and pears.  He really likes all of them except for peas, only likes prunes when they are chilled, and will down an entire container of carrots and pears in no time flat!!  In fact, here he is loving his carrots!


All of this has really started working - Jaden in now officially almost 15 pounds!!!!  That puts him at 2%!  But I really like that he's small.  It makes him easier to cuddle!

No comments: