Sunday, January 30, 2011

Welcome Jaden Cuthbert!!!

Jaden Cuthbert arrived in dramatic fashion on Friday, January 28th at 6:55pm. He was born by emergency C-Section and weighed in at a whopping 1 pound 5 ounces! He is 12 inches long, and is 3 months premature.
I went to the doctors on Friday morning, and they were concerned that I might be developing preeclempsia so they transferred me to hospital for observations, and after some tests, they found out that I had extreme preeclempsia with HELLP syndrome and that I would have to deliver before the day was over or they would lose both baby and me. I was immediately transferred to a larger hospital with a level 3 NICU and they began preparing me for delivery. We were able to get a hold of Jake at boot camp and he not only got to call me but was granted 5 days emergency leave! I was so grateful!
Since his delivery, both Jaden and I are doing about as well as can be expected. I have recovered really well from the surgery, and Jaden has been responding really well. He is SUPER tiny, but SUPER adorable! He is drinking 1mL of my milk every 3 hours through a feeding tube, and he is on a ventilator to help him breath, but he is breathing a lot on his own too. He is expected to remain in the NICU for the next 3 months. I'll keep everyone updated on his progress, and of course post tonz of pictures! I know a lot of people want to know how they can help, but right now we would prefer not to have any visitors. Mostly, we just need prayers, especially for little Jaden. Jake goes back to boot camp on Wednesday, so I might start needing help then. We'll see. We love this little guy so much already!

9 comments:

rebecca said...

well scary mary! glad everything is okay!

congrats to you both! cant wait for more pictures!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad that this angel is here and that everything is okay. You're definitely in our prayers!

Tamsen said...

Mari, I'm sorry little Jaden had to come in such a whirlwind. Glad you and he are doing alright. He is adorable, congrats! Will keep him and your whole family in my prayers.

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, so scary! Prayers going out to you and your sweet little Jaden. I'm glad everything is okay, I hope it continues to be good!

Jessica said...

Mari! Oh my goodness! You and Jaden will be in my prayers!

Mandy said...

I love the pictures! Jaden looks so sweet!! I can't wait to see him in person! It's so fun to see Sailor Jake too! Let us know what we can do!

christina said...

your family is in our thoughts and prayers. i am so sorry you guys have to go through this. you are strong and i know you can do this. please let me know if you need anything at all! remember to take care of yourself so you can take care of jaden. if you want any nicu advice or just to vent please call me!

Jeni said...

Mari, you are such a trooper! We wish we were close to help and see baby Jaden! We pray daily and will fast this Sunday with you guys in mind!! We love you, Jake and Jaden!

Nae said...

I'm so glad things are improving and that you and Jaden are okay. Your sweet family will be in our prayers!