Monday, January 12, 2009

Who gets strep throat on their birthday? Pick me!!!

So it's the big 24 for me! And how would I be spending it? By being absolutely miserable.


Seriously - who gets strep throat on their birthday!?! Me - that's who! I was fine on Saturday - I went to Robbie's 6th birthday party at Chuck-E-Cheeses and then went to my birthday dinner at my sister-in-law Anna's house. I was fine until about 9:00 that night and then in a matter of 30 minutes I felt so sick I wanted to puke! I hoped to sleep it off by Sunday, but I knew when I woke up Sunday morning that it wasn't going anywhere. So I missed church (and my birthday candy bar!) and had a truly miserable day at home. I was achey (spell check claims that word is spelled wrong, but I like that way it looks so I'm totally leaving it!) all over and I was constantly moving and I couldn't swallow and I have a temp of 101.8- you get the drill. So if it wasn't gone by today (which it had better be gone because I wasn't going to be sick on my birthday!) I was going to go to the Health Center. Wouldn't you know it - I was still sick this morning. So I went to the Health Center and I could hardly sit up. Luckily the tests came back positive for strep so now I have antibiotics. The doctor said I will still be pretty miserable for the rest of the day today (very true) but that I should be fine by tomorrow. Thank goodness! So I convinced my family to hold off on my cake until tomorrow.

Rarely have I looked forward to tomorrow more!

1 comment:

Buffy Dayton said...

That stinks soooo bad! I hate strep. I am so sorry it was on your birthday too. NOT FUN! Birthday's just get worse and worse as you get older, I hate to break it to ya. But I hope you don't have one that bad ever again! Happy Birthday yesterday by the way, I hope you have felt better today, let me know if you need anything!! LOVE YA SIS!