Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Guilty Pleasure - The Bachelor!


It's time I got this out into the open - I love to watch the tv show The Bachelor. I know - how mature of me, right?! But I've been watching it for pretty much forever and I love every season! I claim to just like to watch the catty girls who make fools of themselves, but really I'm a sucker for the romance too - watching them fall in love and rooting for my favorite pick. And I usually get really roped into it too.

I kind of get emotionally attached to people and I get really upset when some bimbo doesn't give them a rose. I was appalled when Brad dissed both girls at the finale (but really, both girls were better than him). I originally had high hopes for Matt Grant (mostly because of his attractive accent), the first British Bachelor, but quickly learned that he was lame and only in it to get some. But I knew we were in for trouble when DeAnna was chosen for the Bachelorette. She seemed so superficial and only in it for the tv exposure. I proved correct when she got rid of the perfect fit for her and settled down with a unkempt, pro snowboarder - only to split with him a few months later, allegedly using the line "I love you, but I'm not in love with you". Right...

The new Bachelor started his quest for love on Monday. His name is Jason and he was the one rejected in the finale by DeAnna. He is a single father from Seattle and isn't afraid to admit that the love of his life is his 3 year old son Ty. I have high hopes for him, but I am a bit worried about how this whole process is going to affect his son. Obviously I knew that this season would have many women on it who were single parents themselves, and I was right, but the lot seems pretty promising.

My big concern is that they showed highlights for the rest of the season and they showed DeAnna coming back and saying she made a mistake. If he falls for that, he should be the next contestant on The Gullible Loser because every one else in America knows she's full of it and I can only hope he kicks her to the curb. She's only there because her 15 minutes is up and she's trying to extend it.

Well, Jason has been quoted as saying he is now engaged (the whole season has already been shot and completed) and is very happy. I really hope it works out for him, but The Bachelor track record isn't good...

3 comments:

christina said...

i admit it.....
i LoVe this show!!!!!

kandice liljenquist said...

Really, I mean REALLY if he picks Deanna I wont ever watch the show again!

Jeni said...

I use to be dedicated to that show. I forgot a new one was on... I better catch up! By the way... Happy birthday! We love you! Oh, and I was hoping to see some FL pictures and stories! I hope you guys had a good time!