Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Belated Birthday!

After being on antibiotics for 24 hours, I was feeling a lot better (I even did my visiting teaching!). So we decided to do my birthday cake tonight. My mom didn't really want me to get a cake (she figured that Robbie and I just shared a cake) but my sister fought hard to get me the cake I truly deserved:

I think I look pretty good for having strep! And yes - I am 24 and I did get a princess cake for my birthday! And in case you couldn't tell, in the middle is a picture frame for the true princess:

*side note for the confused - I'm the princess. Not Jake. That would just be weird*

So when the candles were being lit I was watching to see if they sparked because that's the sign that they are trick candles. Sure enough, they sparked like crazy! But what I wasn't expecting was that the middle candle started playing "Happy Birthday" when it was lit! I was thoroughly amused by it!


After everyone sang, I got ready to blow out my candles while Jake took a picture:

But actually I was just pretending because I figured that would not be good to blow all over the cake with sick and germy breath. So after I posed - quite successfully I might add - everyone else pitched in and blew out the candles and then we chowed down!

Robbie might have had too much frosting and was driving us crazy so I told him to go run in circles in the backyard. Remember that there is about a foot of snow out there.


And there is definitely no coat on there. Robbie is so funny and he makes me laugh so easily! If you are every having a down day, just call him up and ask for one of his knock-knock jokes! You will be feeling better almost instantly! He has such a talent for always being positive! I love that kid!

P.S. For those wanting to know they got my cake at Albertsons and it cost $39.99

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow what a cake! Where did it come from? That would be perfect for my little girl's birthday party!

Lauren said...

s like you had a great birthday despite illness. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! The cake looks amazing!

kandice liljenquist said...

Love, love LOVE the cake!!