Friday, February 10, 2012

Product Review: Goody Modern Updo Pin

 Many of you remember how much I love the Spin Pins so I was excited when my mom gave me this Modern Updo one for Christmas!  Result?  I love it!  It is fast and easy and elegant and holds all day long!  In fact, here are some shots of my hair after a LONG day:



It's not exactly like the pictures on the box, but it's a twist on the traditional bun.

However, I do have some advice for those of you thinking to use this:   The directions tell you to inset pin into the base of you bun and then rotate up. DON'T!!!  If you do this you will hurt yourself greatly and possibly pull some hair out in the process.  I suggest inserting it into the middle of the bun, rotating up, and wiggling and adjusting to your comfort level.  It takes some practice to get this just right - if it's too tight, you think you'll just live with it instead of trying to fix it, but by the end of the day you'll have a pounding headache.  But overall I love this!  Also can be used with a half up ponytail and it is seriously adorable!

No comments: