Friday, February 10, 2012

My Latest Obsession

I love that picture of Jaden swinging, so every time I come on to post something, I stop because I just love looking at my handsome son!  But it is time....

So what have I been doing lately?  Well, my latest obsession is this:
I got the Beaba baby food maker for my birthday from my family, and I am obsessed!  I love making his baby food!  The "recipe book", and I use that term loosely, that it comes with really wasn't as good as I wanted it to be, so I also bought this on Amazon to help out with my creativity:
I am hooked!  For dinner the other night he had a carrot and cauliflower puree and then for dessert a banana and blueberry puree.  I love that I can provide this for him, and I love that I know what he is eating is fresh and doesn't have any additives or anything.  It's honestly the best!  And SO easy!  Also, now that I am making purees, it means I can start using recipes from this book:
I really don't like the taste of vegetables, so I was always intrigued by the idea of hiding veggie purees in everyday foods.  Now that I have an easy way to make purees, I decided to try a few recipes.  Some have turned out better than others.  The author (wife of Jerry Seinfeld) is super healthy and so I usually end up tweaking the recipes to make them a little more my taste. :)  Most people will tweak a recipe to make it a little healthier.  Not me!  But that has been taking up a majority of my time.  That, and packing.  We all leave for Pensacola on the 22nd!  That is crazy close in case you were counting!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Florida! How fun! So jealous!