Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My Handsome Man

He has finally moved into 3-6 month clothing!!!!  Someone from our ward is done having kids for awhile so they are giving us all of their little boy clothes so now Jaden can dress appropriately for church!  I always said that no child of mine would wear argyle, but free clothes are free clothes. :)

Now that Jaden is moving, he bonks his head a lot and cries pretty much every time.  His therapists have taught us to make him come to us when he is crying to make sure he remembers that he can move even when upset.  It's funny to see him really think about if it is worth crawling all of the way across the room to get to mom or dad.  Usually, he will start crawling and then get distracted with a toy along the way and forget that he was ever hurt in the first place.  But I love when he comes all of the way to me because how can you not want to comfort this face:



 Also, now that he is moving, these are what my pictures of him usually look like:

 And I have two pieces of big news:
#1: Jaden has officially passed the 15 pound mark!  As of yesterday, he is a whopping 15 pounds 3 ounces!  You go kid!
#2: Jaden will be getting his very first haircut tomorrow!  Boy do I wish Buffy were around for this one, but she's not and I don't trust myself to do it so we are going to have to shell out the big bucks, but it's worth it. And here is why he needs a haircut so badly:
 Don't worry - it won't be a drastic cut.  Just an overall trim so he doesn't look like an orphan on the street. 
P.S. Don't his eyes look piercingly blue when I turn the flash on the camera?  Love it!

P.P.S. Still don't have any final plans on Florida yet, but Jaden and I are for sure going down there with Jake the end of February/early March.  We just need to decide whether to get a furnished apartment and put stuff in storage or get an unfurnished apartment and have to move everything in and then out again 5 months later....

No comments: