Monday, May 9, 2011

So Much Good News, And The Best Is......



We may be coming home TOMORROW!!!!! Crazy, I know. I'm scared to death to take him home. I mean, I'm not a nurse. How can they expect me to take care of him 24/7? He will be coming home on oxygen with a monitor to let me know if he stops breathing for 20 seconds or if his heart stops, so that is at least a little comforting.
In other news, he passed his hearing tests! So as of now (and this can change in the future) both of his ears are all clear!He did his 12 hour request where for 12 hours they let Jaden tell us when he is hungry and he gets all of his feedings orally instead of through his feeding tube. We didn't expect him to do too well, but everyone was shocked at just how awesome he did! So the next day he did a 24 hour request (he has to get 4 bottles a day with fortified breast milk to keep up his weight gain) and he again, did amazing! We have now done 3 days of successful 24 hour requests without any problems! This is such a miracle!
We tried him on room air to see if he would need oxygen, and he failed, but we knew he would. Not a big deal. They have also pulled his feeding tube because he is such an awesome eater!
We also did his car seat test to make sure he gets enough oxygen when sitting in his car seat, and he passed!Even though he is huge to me, all you have to do is put him in a car seat to put his size into perspective. However, he is 6 pounds now! By the way, they put the towels in around him to help him to fit better.
He is getting his last rounds of immunizations today and then I will room in tonight, which means I will sleep at the hospital with Jaden in my room to make sure I can give him all of his meds and that I can operate all of his equipment and monitors on my own. If all goes well, Jaden will walk into the sunlight (unless it's raining) for the first time tomorrow! If you want to come see him just let me know since he will need LOTS of sleep once he is home, and be prepared now that I won't let you hold him. I will be the ultimate mommy bear - I'm not going to let very many people get close to him since he is still so fragile. We are so excited for him to come home!

5 comments:

Tamsen said...

That is such great news Mari! Congrats and good luck, I'll be thinking of you.

Sidney and Bethany said...

Yea! So wonderful. Watching his progress has been such a miracle. Thanks for letting us be a part of that. We love you all!

Sarah said...

Such great news!! He is so adorable!

Lisa said...

Congrats! We are all so happy for you. He looks so darling in those pictures. Good luck with the trip home!!!

Amanda said...

What great news! And, be the momma bear 100%. That's now your eternal privilege. :)