Saturday, May 30, 2009

You Would Think Having Cancer Would Teach Me Patience

I have always had a problem with my patience. I am more of a "here and now" type of person. God has sent me situations and trials time and again to teach me to have more patience. And you would think that going through all of my super drawn out cancer treatments would have given me a little more patience. Obviously not.

Today was painting day in the TV room. I have actually never painted before. I've watched a lot of TV shows that paint rooms, but apparently that doesn't make my skills any better. Jake was helpful and patient, and the room turned out nice:
However, through the process I almost got more paint on the ceiling and trim than on the actual wall! I would just get so caught up in the 'hurry and do it' mode that my brush would go a little too fast and *poof*! The ceiling magically had paint on it. At least, that's how I like to think it all happened. But we do have some white paint somewhere that Jake will have to use when the walls are dry to try to cover it up. I would try it, but I'm sure I would get so impatient that the walls would then have white blobs on them. And now you can see the never ending cycle it would become. Good thing I married someone who is patient!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Painting is a trail the first 5-6 rooms. maybe it comes quicker for someone else but I have watched the same shows and their steady hands do not cut it for me. Here is what I do, It takes forever but works for even the least skilled of us. Go around the upper edge with a small artists paintbrush allowing you to get right into the corners. Then go around again with a slightly larger brush extending your line down then a large brush giving you enough space that you can use the roller without ever getting near the ceiling. I know that you have to go around the top SO many times but I have found that going slow on the wall is easier than going back with white. Trust me, that is after many many trials and errors.