Saturday, May 30, 2009

Stripping Down!

Word of the wise: Never Wallpaper Your House! And if you do and then get tired of it, DON'T STRIP IT YOURSELF!!

I have been feeling super lazy lately with not a lot to do so I decided to give myself a project. We are living in a nice house out here, but it is 50 years old and back then my grandma wallpapered every surface possible. Since then, not only have styles changed, but the wallpaper is dirty, gross, and peeling. So I decided that I wanted to paint the TV room and the kitchen. The wallpaper came off easy enough (I don't even want to tell you how many cobwebs and spiders I encountered while doing this process!) but the glue on the back proved much harder. Luckily, Jake and I had bought:

to make the process easier. And now, here is the universal truth that will save you many frustrating hours in life:

Things are easier to do when you follow the directions.

I thought I was above directions. I was a fool. And if you are stripping your own wallpaper, know that you really should let this stuff soak in for the full 15 minutes. Sometimes I amaze myself with my own stupidity and thick-headedness.

P.S. I only did the TV room. No way am I foolish enough to go through all this again! I can live with the kitchen the way it is!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

welcome to my world, wallpaper and painting are horrible.