Thursday, March 19, 2009

Goin' on a dead mouse hunt!

Our apartment smells so bad right now! Jake and I are pretty sure that we have a dead mouse somewhere. It smells to high heaven! It's like my niece Echo came and took a dump somewhere in my house and it's been festering for a few weeks. And there is nothing that we have found that has worked so far to take the smell away. It is VERY frustrating!

From what I have read, if we can't find the mouse, we will just have to wait it out. And it could be weeks. So my mom came over the other day and we went on a dead mouse hunt together. I am not afraid of mice when they are alive, but the thought of seeing a dead mouse just gives me the heebie-jeebies! So I made my mom do most of the looking while I just assisted. We had a small flashlight, which we called the CSI flashlight, plastic gloves, and plenty of Clorox Wipes! But try as we might, we could not find the little bugger anywhere! So I guess we will just wait it out. Weeks. >sigh<

So I am desperately looking for any known remedies for dead mouse smell. Even if it doesn't take the smell away but just masks it... I am desperate at this point! So any and all help will be appreciated! Thanks guys!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh my gosh, just thinking about that smell makes me gag. Gross! I'm so sorry. Do you have a cat or something you could let loose in your place and see if it might find the nastiness? If it were me, I would have to move out until that awful smell went away!

kandice liljenquist said...

OH man. that is nasty!!! I can come over and help you look... and sterilize.... you should call my dad... he has gotten rid of many a dead mouse before...