Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Bloody Noses and Smart Siblings

Wow. It's barely 8am and I can already tell this is going to be one interesting day!

Well, I woke up this morning to a beautiful bloody nose. Not fun. I ran out of the room yelling for Jake to come help me. I was freaking out - not because of the bloody nose - that I can handle - but because I had gotten some blood on my favorite sheets! I love my bed sheets and was so worried that I had permanently ruined them! They are so beyond soft I can't even begin to explain how amazing they feel! So I laid down and called my mom for advice while Jake did everything he could to treat it quickly and get the blood out. My mom had some good suggestions so don't worry - my sheets will be fine. But while on the phone with my mom my brother Robbie wanted to talk to me. Keep in mind that this is my 6 year old brother who is in Kindergarten this year. He gets on the phone and begins to tell me that since your nose is connected to your mouth that when you get a bloody nose, you could also get a bloody mouth so make sure to keep your mouth closed so the blood doesn't run from your nose and out your mouth. I was stunned into silence. This kid was technically absolutely right! What a little smarty pants! Apparently, he's been reading this new body book and has been impressing my family with his new knowledge lately. I was definitely impressed!

No comments: