Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My New Addiction

I am officially addicted... to digital scrapbooking! My friend Bobbi introduced me to this software and now I am hooked! I do it constantly! I have never been a scrapbooker because it took too much time and money and creative talent. But, I can handle something on the computer, especially since it's fast, cheap, and I can get ideas from awesome pages and make my own spin on it! And best of all - it's easy! I have seriously been doing it every spare moment! The past two days have been torture because Jake has taken the computer with him and I have sat at home imagining the pages I could be making! Okay, so it's not that bad, but it is bad enough for me to scrapbook during the most recent BYU game and hardly even pay attention, which for me is huge! I have been using Scrapbook Factory Deluxe and I absolutely love it! It is user friendly and has tons of pre-made pages where you just drop your picture in or you can make your own custom pages. Here is a page I made in less than 10 minutes for Wilson's Quilt: Usually what happens when I scrapbook is that I get great ideas and then ruin it as I put too much on and there is no way to fix it. With this, I just delete it and I'm good! I am in love!

6 comments:

kandice liljenquist said...

I love it!!! What a good idea, i have no drive to scrapbook... and the pictures of the quilt are wonderful! i need to send you the ones of Wilson:)

Stacy said...

Ilove it you will have to show me how sometime.

Jeni said...

Wahoo!! Next time I come, we can scrapbook together on the computer... it's great isn't it!

Amber Lynn said...

oh my, I totlay know what you mean! I love digital scrapbooking, so much easyier and cheaper!!! and you dont have to be that smart to make it look cute!!!

Lauren said...

MARI! I am so happy that I found your blog on facebook. I love blogging! and your scrapbook page is great. i am a paper scrapper though. It might be a while before I transition to digital now that i have invested in all the expensive stuff! E-mail me at laurenstice@gmail.com and I will add you to my private (but not secret or exciting) blog! Xing-ped!

Haylee said...

Hey Mari!! How are you doing? This is Haylee, your cous. Anyway, I totally just stumbled upon your blog and was stolked to see it. Now, about this scrapbooking computer thing... you need to tell me where to find it. It sounds amazing, and I, like you, definitely have a problem with over doing my pages to the point of ruin. Anyway... I miss you guys, how are we going to be able to see you annually when the Christmas party is cancelled. Real great! Anyway... say hi to Jake for me, and for real let me know about this. Do you have to buy a program or something for it?