Saturday, August 23, 2008

Mini Vacation!

Jake rarely ever has a day off from both school and work, and when he does he usually has homework that he has to do. However, every so often, he will have a day off where he has absolutely no homework to do. Such a day came last Wednesday, so my mom, being the generous one that she is, sent us up to Salt Lake on Tuesday night for an overnight mini vacation! We stayed in the Marriott in the Executive King room! The bed was so soft it was like sleeping on a cloud! Here was the view from our room: We ordered room service and ate dinner in bed and then had breakfast in bed the next morning! We then went to the Gateway and played around there - my favorite was playing at the children's museum! It was fun, even though we didn't have any kids with us! Here I am pretending I'm a TV anchor and here is Jake playing with the wind tunnels. Then we went and walked around temple square - having the most fun wandering around the basement of the visitor's center - and then we headed off to home. It was a great day to just do whatever we wanted!

1 comment:

Buffy Dayton said...

I didn't know you did that, I knew you went to the childrens museum, but not over night! FUN! I am glad you guys got to do that, your mom knows what she is doing! LOVE YOU GUYS!!!