Monday, August 20, 2012

Best Day EVER!!!

Men: Imagine that the NFL has decided to have a post-Super Bowl scrimmage near your home and not only are some of the big players from the Super Bowl going to be there, but some other players from other major teams as well, all in one place!  Then, when you go, you also get to meet your absolute favorite players that you follow all year long and get pictures and autographs!  Awesome!

Women: Imagine that your favorite movie stars/authors/designers are all going to be together in one place and you get VIP tickets to a dinner in their honor and then get to meet them and get pictures and autographs!  Awesome!

Teens: Imagine that Justin Beiber, One Direction, Adele, Carly Rae Jepson, and Taylor Swift are all going to be in a concert in your town and you get VIP tickets to go!  You are then lucky enough to have them autograph t-shirts and signs and hats and then you get your pictures taken with each of them!  Awesome!

So many people don't understand my obsession with cycling (which I understand) so I tried to put what happened to me in ways that other people will understand just how amazing it was!

A couple of week ago, the Tour of Utah started and my mom got her and I VIP tickets to the team presentation.  We went up to Ogden (thanks again Ana for watching Jaden!!!!!) and had a small dinner and then took our VIP seats for the introduction of the teams.  The Tour of Utah has been happening for some time, but this year there were some REALLY BIG names in the cycling world coming, including Jens Voigt, who is my mom's favorite cyclist by far!  She had promised him via Twitter that if he came, she would get him the best cookies he had ever eaten.  He agreed to come and she delivered on her promise!

We were pretty much stalkers and went crazy tracking down all of our favorite riders, but in the end, it was worth it!  Here are some of our pictures, but I won't tell you who they are, since most people really don't care and that doesn't bother me because I know who they are!


It was seriously one of the best days of my life!  I feel a tradition starting....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wait, I don't know who any of those "teen" people were, so I"m not so excited about cycling.

Mandy said...

You are so cute! That's so fun!