Monday, July 16, 2012

When "No" Means "Yes"

Jaden has been really slow in the speech department and doesn't have many words that he actually says.  One of those words is "No".  He has yet to figure out how to say 'yes' so he just uses 'no' instead.  For example:

Mickey: Say, you wanna come inside my clubhouse?
Jaden: No
Mickey: Well, alright!

Mom: Do you want a banana cookie?
Jaden: No (and then he opens his mouth for the cookie)

Mom: Ready to go for a walk?
Jaden: No!  (while smiling and laughing and dragging me to the door)

We have figured out that when he really means 'no', he will shake his head as he says it.  Crazy kid!

3 comments:

Lightspeaker said...

He's just practicing for when he's 2. Then, he'll say no just to let you know he can, and remind you who is in charge, and then he'll say yes after firmly putting you in place if he wants to do what you suggested. I would like to recommend that you enjoy his good-natured no-means-yes stage as much as you can, now, before your angel turns into satan. ;)

Do I sound cynical? Well, I have a two-year old.

Jeri said...

Oops. I was signed in as Liz. It wasn't her, it was me!

Jeri

Unknown said...

I say no to your blog, but when someone is reading your blog I come running down the hall to them. -Robbie Doggett