Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Check That One Off The Bucket List!!!

While my mom, Alex, and Robbie were here, Alex and I both discovered that we both had the life-long dream to go parasailing.  My mom generously decided to foot the bill and so we all (Jake, me, Alex and Robbie) booked our flight time and off we went!

Alex and Robbie decided to go first so that Robbie wouldn't chicken out.
They were both a little nervous as they started to climb high into the sky.
But once they came back down they were all smiles!



They had such a great time, so it was now time for Jake and I to go up:





We all had a great time but I learned some things in case there is a next time:

  1. You get a choice to fly at 400ft, 600ft, or 800ft.  For some twisted reason I thought that if I picked 800 feet, that meant that I would be 800 feet up in the air.  Nope.  It just means they will let out 800 feet of rope.  I felt like I could have gone up higher (we went for the 600ft option) and still been fine.
  2. I would have moved my harness farther back.  The strip of fabric that goes under your legs and acts as a seat of sorts was way too far forward towards my knees, making me scrunch up and move awkwardly in the air.  
  3. Chill out.  I wasn't scared (which surprised me since I'm not a heights person) but I was so preoccupied with my harness position and how I kept banging into Jake that I really didn't take the time to just appreciate where I was and the view I could see.
  4. Get more professional staff.  We were with two young guys who were more preoccupied with flirting with some of the other guests than they were with those flying in the air.
All in all, it was awesome and if I have some reason to splurge again, I would do it all over in a heartbeat, but on a calmer seas day - my stomach didn't handle the rolling waves too well.  Thanks mom!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Come on mari, flirting is so much more important than flying ape-men.

Mandy said...

That look so fun!