Saturday, April 14, 2012

Easter, a Haircut, and Just General Cuteness!

I have two lower cupboards that are perfect size for Jaden to crawl in and explore so I make sure to only store Jaden approved things in there.  I think that I put everything back in the cupboards at least three times a day.  It's like he's not feeling complete until my floor is littered with strainers and cutting boards...


I think Jaden has too many toys.  And because of Florida's awesome weather, there are yard sales every weekend so his stash of toys seems to keep growing.  I need better self control.
 Like most kids, Jaden loves to have his picture taken and then look at it on the display of my digital camera.  It makes him really excited, and when he gets really excited he starts to bob up and down in happiness, so all of my pictures turn out blurry.  

This was the look on his face when he realized I had pulled the camera out:
This was the look on his face when he realized I wasn't going to let him play with the buttons on my camera:
You always hear stories and see pictures of other kids who fell asleep in funny places or doing odd things.  My kid has never been like that.  He fell asleep either in your arms or in his bed.  Period.  Until yesterday, when he fell asleep in his highchair watching Phineas and Ferb.  Love it!
Here is Jaden pre-haircut:
And here is Jaden after his haircut.  It seems like he will need his hair cut about ever two months.  It grows way too fast!
We had a really fun Easter!  We started with an egg hunt at home and Jaden took no time understanding what to do!!!

He figured out if he threw the egg on the ground, it would crack open and something shiny would fall out.  He even figured out that shiny thing was for eating.  He didn't figure out that the wrapper was supposed to come off, and we didn't tell or show him.

This is one of his new things: sticking out the tongue all the time!




Then we went to a community egg hunt where we got his face painted (which he handled just fine regardless of how tortured he looks in the picture), saw the Easter bunny, and shared a hot dog with daddy.





Every single day, without fail, I just stare at him in awe and wonder.  He is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my entire life!  He is completely amazing!  I hope I always feel that way.  I suppose you should ask me again after the terrible 2's and 3's!

P.S. As I was sitting here writing this, I heard in the background the telltale sounds of Jaden climbing in the cupboards once again.  I'm off to clean up some more strainers!  Golly I love this kid!

2 comments:

Jeri said...

This kid is seriously the cutest! Wish you lived next door.

Thanks for sharing--I still get emotional--everything he does is such a miracle!

You're such awesome parents.

Jeri

www.jerianna.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I can't get over his blue blue eyes. He is really so cute. :)