Friday, April 27, 2012

Case Lot CHAOS!!!!

7 HOURS!!!!


That's how long it took from when Jaden and I got in line to when we checked out of our Commissary's twice a year case lot sale.  It was Craziness!!!  We got there a half hour before it started thinking that would be adequate, only to find the line already 1/4th of a mile long!  At that was only to get into the tents!  Once you got into the tents, you had to wind up and down the long aisles made of food, picking up what you wanted as you went along, until you got to the end and could check out.  We got in line at 8am, made it to the tents by 11:45am, and finally packed everything into our car at 3pm.  And did I mention that it was a hot and sunny day?  Occasionally there was a breeze and cloud cover, which made it nice outside (I still got sunburned but didn't realize it until I got home) but under those tents it was sweltering!  But Jaden was a little trooper!  I knew enough to dress him in a light and cool outfit, had him sprayed with sunscreen so he didn't get burned, and I had a lot of snacks and drinks with me.  However I did not anticipate being there for SEVEN HOURS and finally he couldn't handle it anymore and just needed to sleep, so we laid him down in the cart and he slept for a good 2-2.5 hours while we were under the tents.  It really put into perspective how incredibly tiny my 15 month child is!!
I tore a piece of cardboard off some of the packaging materials and made it into a fan to keep him cool and anytime he woke up I got him to drink as much water as I could.  Still, we were both totally and completely beat by the time we got home.

Were the deals good?  For the most part.  Were they waiting for 7 hours good?  Probably not, but it was certainly an experience.  Luckily I joined up with two other ladies from my ward so I had good company the whole time.

Some of my deals:
Del Monte large can of spaghetti sauce: 12 cans for $6
Lysol wipes: 12 tubes of wipes for $9
Spray and Shout stain remover: 12 bottles for $6 (I figure we will use more of this as Jaden gets older)
12 cans of Coke (or Dr. Pepper if you're weird like my husband) for $2.25
100 pouches of Scooby Doo Fruit Snacks for $6.99
*If you have gotten better prices on these, don't let me know.  It will just make me depressed at this point!*

1 comment:

Jeri said...

I think it was worth it just to get that fabulous picture of him in the shopping cart!

He slept for two hours!!! Amazing.

Fun times!