Sunday, April 17, 2011

Those Night Nurses Strike Again!


He is starting to get a really expressive face! My mom loves how his eyebrows move!


Obviously you have to do something to keep from falling asleep if you work the night shift. Jaden has many many admirers among the night nurses! He is already a hit with the ladies! I am SO in trouble when he grows up!


We are still in isolation. His cold is almost gone and you can tell that he feels much better. He is now up to 4 pounds 10 ounces! We had our first successful breastfeeding last night - he still can't extract milk on his own but he is latching much better.


Jake has a house for us in North Chicago! 3 bedrooms, 1.5 baths with a dishwasher, washer/dryer hookups, garage, and shed. Now we have to buy a washer and a dryer and a freezer for all of my milk! If you know of a good deal, let me know. :) Jake has a key, but can't move in until Jaden and I do. These last few days have been torture - I think now that we have somewhere to live out there I am going stir crazy in the NICU! I am ready to be done. I am ready to be gone. All Jaden really has to do is to eat to get out of there, so pray that he figures it out soon!

2 comments:

Idona said...

Mari saw you and Jaden on the news last night! You both looked great! Love you guys and parying all goes well and you can soon be out of there, and united as a family and enjoy real life again!

candice said...

Unbelieveable!!! It's CRAZY what 17 years of medical advancement and knowledge can do for a preemie!! I am so excited for you, for him- that he is doing SOOOO well!!! Breastfeeding? 4lbs 10 oz's already?? Incomprehensible to me!! So great Mari... really! I'm not excited for you guys to move away, but it will be heavenly to be as a family finally! Good luck!