Sunday, April 3, 2011

Jaden's Kryptonite

You will never guess what will calm Jaden down almost every time. It's amazing - he will be getting agitated and turning red and I just have to use this simple trick and he will calm right down. What is it do you ask? What could possibly knock him out like this?I just have to sing You Are My Sunshine. It works like a charm.

Well, they moved us from our prime spot. We are now shoved back in a far corner not near any window, so if you wanted to come and see my beautiful son, you are out of luck for the time being. Soon enough (in about 2 weeks) he should be moved again to somewhere more accessible.


We are on an air flow of 2 liters per minute. And the extra calories going into my milk seem to be working - he is now a whopping 3 pounds 10 ounces!!!! Just 5 more ounces and he will have tripled his birth weight!


We are starting real breastfeeding tomorrow. We don't expect him to get much, but he was getting really frustrated the past few days because he was sucking but not getting anything so we are going to let him try the real thing. What a big boy!


I love holding him twice every day. It is so fun to just look at him and watch him! I feel like I notice something new about him every single day! Here is what I noticed recently: Jaden has a slightly down-turned mouth.

He has recently started to figure out how to move his mouth muscles, so every now and then he will lift one side repeatedly, then the other, then purse his lips, then pout, then smile, then repeat it all over again! It is fun to just sit and stare at him.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

He's getting cuter and cuter everytime you post new pictures! I'm so glad he's doing so well and that you found a way to calm him down, that's great!

Amber Lynn said...

oh mari, he is getting so so big! he is going to be such a mommas boy! I have something for you, I was in town for a week but sicker then a dog, I will send it to your parents house! Hugs to you always, everytime I read your blog it makes me smile!

Amanda said...

I don't know how I missed this--but WOW. What a ride you've been on the past few months! One of my cousins was born at 25 weeks (16 years ago) and was 1 lb. 10 oz. It's amazing what they can do to encourage life in those little ones! He looks like he is doing great--and I'm glad to see that. I hope the remainder of his hospital stay goes smoothly!