Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Thanks a lot Obama

I just found out that, thanks to President Obama and the new Health Care Bill, I will be loosing my health insurance. I am 25, wanting to get pregnant, and still going through cancer treatments. I NEED my health insurance, and soon it will be gone. Soon I will have to go to another health insurance company to get coverage, and even though they can't deny me because of my cancer, they can sure jack up my rates. I am currently funded under the Utah Health Insurance Pool which gives really good coverage to those who can't get approved through anyone else. But because it's a state program, the new bill trumps it and it can no longer operate. I don't know when my insurance will be discontinued, but I am not looking forward to the rough times ahead. Once again, thanks a lot.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LAME! I'm so sorry.

Rich said...

I am soo sorry friend. If it makes you feel any better I think Obama's bill sucks too.

Lauren said...

Wow, that is so horrible! You should move to Australia.

Nae said...

I'm really angry about that. I think you should write a letter (I'm not joking) and let President Obama know that his little plan to get more people covered ended up hurting those who need it the most.

Mandy said...

Dang, Mari! Good luck! Keep us posted!

Mandy said...

Dang, Mari! Good luck! Keep us posted!