Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Pioneer Day Celebration

Jake and I have been teaching in the Primary while we are out here in Boston so we got to go to the Primary activity day celebrating the pioneers! Actually, Jake had too much homework, so I went as the representative for the family! :) They had asked each kid to dress up as a pioneer and to decorate their bikes/wagons/scooters for a parade. Well, I learned pretty quickly that this isn't like Utah, where most families have stashes of pioneer clothing on hand and can outfit a whole handcart family in just a couple of hours. Here, they had to be a bit more creative, and I liked it almost more!
Yup! She was definitely using a fertilizer spreader as her handcart!
This is the primary president introducing "Brigham Young" who was going to lead everyone in their trek (aka a parade around the parking lot). Everyone was having a blast:
Then we did such fun things as having a watermelon eating contest, candle dipping, penny throwing, story telling, hopscotch, and stick pulling (which usually turned into stick fighting):
All in all, it was a day of silliness and fun! And I got to hang out with my two best friends here, Abi and Jordan! Aren't they the cutest!?!

1 comment:

Amber Lynn said...

oh my goodness, I love the pictures! what a great day! miss ya