Friday, July 25, 2008

Stand back! Keep the Geiger Counters away! I am RADIOACTIVE!


Here are my rules for the next 2 days:
  • Maintain a 6-foot distance as much as possible from other persons, especially those under 18. The greater the distance you are from others, the less radiation they will receive.
  • Minimize the time you remain close to others.
  • To minimize the possibility of contamination of others, use good toilet hygiene and thoroughly wash your hands several times a day.
  • Drink plenty of liquids to help the radioiodine leave your body more rapidly.

Sounds fun, huh. Not really. This round isn't as bad as it could get. Depending on what they find, I could have a dose that requires me to be in total hospital isolation for a few days where they have to burn the plates and sheets and cups I use and dispose of my waste in a lead container! Ah, the beauties of radioactivity!

1 comment:

wadeanderin said...

Hi Mari! You're cute mom told me about your blog when she was here and thanks to a little "blogger stalking", I found it! Anyway - good luck with all this thyroid mess. My dad had this a few years ago (he got to do the full blown radiation isolation thing!) and I have thyroid issues too - so I know what you're going through a little. Thank goodness for modern medicine and thyroid replacement meds! Tell your mom thanks again for bring us our American treats!