Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Addicted to the Tour!

So, I am addicted to the Tour de France. I have dutifully watched it for several years, but this year I watched every single day! Usually, I would wake up in the morning and sit in my bed while I flipped on the TV and caught the last hour and a half of that stage. I love pretty much everything about the tour, except for those dumb cyclists that think they can cheat the system by doping. They have seriously ruined the whole sport, because now after I see an amazing performance, in the back of my mind I always think, "Well, he was probably doping" instead of just recognizing and wondering at his amazing talent. Anyway, after 21 days and over 2000 miles, here is who won: Carlos Sastre from Spain won the Yellow Jersey (he is the overall winner) Oscar Freire won the green jersey (he was the best sprinter) Bernhard Kohl won the polka dot jersey (he was the best mountain climber - this is the weirdest looking jersey and thus my favorite) Andy Schleck won the white jersey (he was the best rider in the tour under 25) Team CSC won the team competition meaning they were the best overall team.

Well, that's how the standings went, but if it were up to me, here is how it would stand: Cadel Evans of Australia would win the Tour (he placed 2nd overall) Mark Cavendish of Great Britain would win the green jersey - watch for him in the Olympics because he is a sure bet to win gold! Thomas Voeckler from France would win the King of the Mountain (aka the polka dot jersey) and I wholeheartedly believe that Andy Schleck should have won the white jersey and CSC win the team competition!
I also would have liked to see Christian Vandevelde on the podium - maybe next year!
***PREDICTION*** Andy Schleck will one day win the Tour de France! This kid is simply amazing! And he is only 23 years old!

3 comments:

Buffy Dayton said...

You stinker, I didn't know you had a blog. Thanks a lot for telling me. I am glad to hear that you are feeling fairly normal in your not-so-normal state! I love you, and am glad that Jake and you have eachother!!! (Cause I love Jake too)

Rick & Carly said...

Hey it's your childhood BFF, Carly! I am so excited that I came across your blog. I can't believe how long it's been. It is great to see what you have been up to and to see your cute husband. I am sorry to hear about the cancer. You are tough and can pull through it. You seem to be doing great. Make sure to say hi to your family. Ever since my parents moved I don't hear how people are doing anymore. You need to look at our blog. I have a 18 month old and two dogs, ya I know why two? We are dog people I guess. I hope to hear from you sooner than later. Our blog is www.swenwithen.blogspot.com

Hana said...

plus that Andy kid is WAY good looking. 23 huh? That's pretty close to me ;)