Thursday, May 31, 2012

National Spelling Bee

I am currently watching the Scripps National Spelling Bee on TV (I like to watch weird things on TV like spelling bee's, pool competitions (my favorite being trick shots), competitive bowling, and strong man competitions) and I have to say that I am SO AMAZED by these kids!  I understand there is a sort of science to figuring out how these words are spelled, but seriously they are amazing!  Here is the one that just blew me away:
phthisiology
It is pronounced "fiziology" so I have no idea how he got the "phth" part, but he did.  This was the word for Gifton, a boy from Jamaica.  So excited to see who wins!!! (I'm such a dork...)

2 comments:

Jeri said...

Uh, I like them, too. If you're brave enough to come out of the closet, then I can do it!

Have you watched "Akeela and the Bee"--love that one!

Can you believe there was a 6 year-old this year?

Mandy said...

Love "Akeela and the Bee"! Our family loves watching strong man contest!