Monday, October 5, 2009

Walk For Diabetes

Last weekend there was a walk for Juvenile Diabetes, and since my 13 year old brother Conner has diabetes, we all decided to walk for him! Here is Team Conner:We all have custom made shirts (made by Alex and Deia!) that show our support for Conner and his great attitude towards dealing with diabetes. Mine was a little different, since my childhood best friend also has diabetes, so I had my shirt say that I support Conner and Christina!
Rob had the day of his life when he met the star wars characters! He seriously stopped when he saw them, his jaw dropped, and then his whole body just started to shake with excitement! He then galloped over to see them, and when Darth Vader asked if he was a Jedi who had the force with him, he about toppled over! He was so beyond excited!!!!
Us girls had fun walking, and Echo (my niece) would let me hold her hand while we walked. She is so sweet!

I love you Conner and Christina and I am so amazed at what you both put up with everyday! I am praying for a cure!

2 comments:

christina said...

i am tearing up....
you are so sweet! you made my day, week , month, year!!! all i can do is say thankyou SO much!!!!!! this is such a nice surprise :)

rebecca said...

you are such a sweetheart! what a great sister and friend!